Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sugar Cookies

So I started making goodies for my holiday gift baskets, the first of which I am giving out tomorrow. I am trying to keep the items simple, classic, and yummy. So, obviously, sugar cookies were a must. I had been intending to roll these out and use cookie cutters on them, but my dough did not want to cooperate, so instead I just did drop cookies and rolled them in red and green sugar. These were really good, even though I think the butter I used did not want to work with me, but luckily they turned out really yummy. I got the recipe from Carrie's Cooking Adventure, which is a blog from one of the ladies on the WC Board, and she got the recipe from Joelen, who is also on the WC Board. She made icing for them, but I tend to like my sugar cookies with sugar more than with icing, you can find the icing recipe on her page.







Super Sugar Cookies

From Carrie's Cooking Adventure



COOKIES:
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

1. Cream margarine and sugar well.
2. Add vanilla and eggs; combine well.
3. In separate bowl, sift the baking powder, salt and flour. Add to wet ingredients slowly until thoroughly combined.
4. Cookie dough must be chilled until firm, or overnight.
5. Remove dough from fridge and roll out to a 1/4-inch thickness.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. With cookie cutters or rim of drinking glass, cut out cookies.
8. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on oven. Check often to prevent over cooking or burning. Cool on baking rack when done.

No comments: