Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TWD: Caramel Crunch Bars


These are good, very good. From the moment I saw this recipe I knew there was a good chance that I was going to like these, and I was right.

The are incredibly tasty. I thought the cookie crust was so good and the chocolate layer was the perfect compliment. I ended up using caramel bits on these as I had some in the pantry, and they added a great flavor.


I will definitely be making these again. They are a perfect dessert or snack to have around, as a little goes a long way.

Whitney of What's Left on the Table picked these. Check out her blog and the TWD bloggers to see what everyone thought of these.

Caramel Crunch Bars from Baking From My Home To Yours by Dorie Greenspan, page 112-113.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love that you used caramel bits! That sounds delicious!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Great idea using caramel bits!

chocolatechic said...

ooOOOooo caramel bits.

Were then crunchy or soft and chewy?

Kayla said...

Chocolatechic: They started out soft and chewy and then as the chocolate set up they got a bit of a crunch to them. So it wasn't the crunch you were supposed to have with these but they were great. I want to try them with more of a crunch too.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy, K!! :) I'll have to try the caramel bits next time!

farah said...

Yummy!!

Jules Someone said...

You mean I'm supposed to bake with the caramel bits and not just eat them? Oh. Lovely bars!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. These crunch bars are very good.

Kristin said...

Love the caramel bits. I wish I'd thought of that!!

Anonymous said...

I gave you a blog award! Come and get it:

greatbooksandfreshcoffee.blogspot.com

(it's bridal-smash)