Sunday, July 20, 2008

Easy, Cheesy Pasta


One thing that you've probably noticed is that there are not a lot of real meals on here. I promise, we don't live on sweets alone. It is just that usually I feel like my meals are not that interesting or special. However, lately I have been trying to change that and make meals that are interesting, tasty, and not the same-old-thing. This is another recipe that I found on Annie's Eats. She says that it is a meal she enjoyed growing up and I can totally see why. It is a really easy cheesy pasta dish that is not too heavy. D gets tired of having the same heavy pasta dishes all of the time and he really seemed to enjoy this dish because he said it was not heavy (score one for me!). I had never worked with mozzarella in any form other than pre-shredded before and I found that I really liked it in block form. This meal came together pretty quickly and provided both of use with lunches for the next 2 days. I totally recommend this dish (thanks Annie!).


Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta al Forno


Annie credits this recipe to Pasta by Dorling Kindersley


Ingredients:

2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

2 garlic cloves, crushed

2-14 oz. cans diced Italian plum tomatoes

1 tsp. dried oregano

S&P

1 lb. pasta (tubes)

8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed

2/3 c. parmesan


Directions:

Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium high heat, 1 min. Add tomatoes and oregano and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, 15 min. Add S&P. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Toss pasta with sauce. Place half of pasta in an oiled 9×13” dish. Cover with half parmesan and half mozzarella. Top with remaining pasta, then parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.

No comments: