Thursday, November 1, 2012

12 Weeks of Christmas Treats–Week 6 Banana Banana Bread

Welcome to Week 6 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats blog event hosted by Brenda at Meal Planning Magic! Check out the links in the hop below and head over to Meal Planning Magic to learn more about joining in the fun! christmastreats I can’t believe we are already at week 6! These 12 weeks are flying by. I feel like I really need to get cracking on my Christmas shopping now!
This week I made Banana Banana Bread. I’m not really sure why banana is in the title twice but I promise that’s not a mistake (at least not as far as I know!) A lot of people only make banana (banana) bread when they realize “oh no, the bananas are on their last leg!” But I adore banana bread and purposely let a few bananas sit around every so often so I can make some delicious bread. I think banana bread is great because it is so easy to throw together, is pretty hard to mess up, makes your house smell great, and always tastes great.
banana
This would be a very welcome item in a gift basket or goodie bag at the holidays or a welcome addition to a brunch or dessert table. Next time you buy bananas let a few hang out for a few days so you can panic
(on purpose) and make some of this delicious bread.
Banana Banana Bread
As seen on For the Love of Cooking (original recipe from Allrecipes.com)
Ingredients
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/3 Cups Bananas, over-ripe and mashed
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Nutmeg
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 bread pan thoroughly with non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar and mix until creamy. Add the bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture until just combined. Pour the mixture into the pan.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center is clean. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and allow to cool on a rack.


1 comment:

Annamaria @ Bakewell Junction said...

Banana bread smells wonderful and I'm sure anyone on the receiving end of this treat would love it.