Sunday, July 22, 2012

Gooey Butter Cake

 

P6070482

This is a cake I’ve been making for years now. It is really simple and easy to throw together. It was one of the first things I started making when I started finding recipes online. In fact it is so old that I printed it out back in the day before I knew to write down the source.

I’ve searched all over and it seems that most people attribute this to Paula Deen, so that’s who I’ll link to but know that this recipe can be found all over.

This cake is very sweet and a small piece is really all you need. But it is a great cake and a big crowd pleaser. You can dust the top with powdered sugar but I think this would be great with a serving of berries or even some peaches. I think this cake is even better the second day so you may want to make it a day ahead. But definitely give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!

Gooey Butter Cake

Crust:

1 – 18 1/4 Ounce Box Yellow Cake Mix

1 Egg

8 Tablespoons Butter – Melted

Filling:

1 – 8 Ounce Cream Cheese

2 Eggs

1 Teaspoon Vanilla

8 Tablespoons Butter – Melted

1 – 16 Ounce Box Powdered Sugar

Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.

Mix the cake mix, egg, and butter and pat into the bottom of the pan.

Beat the cream cheese until smooth and then add the butter, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.Then add the powdered sugar until totally mixed. Spread this mixture over the cake mix layer.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. It will still be a little gooey so don’t be scared!

Let cool before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.

No comments: