Sunday, August 21, 2011

Foodbuzz Tastemaker: Birds Eye Creamy Primavera Risotto

I recently received a package of Birds Eye Creamy Primavera Risotto in the mail as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program. I was excited to try this as I’ve never had risotto but have always wanted to try it.

Even though I’ve never had the dish before I had a good idea of what to expect from all the recipes and descriptions I’ve read. This did not disappoint.

0812111732

The risotto was very creamy and the vegetables had a great texture. The peas were actually my favorite part and usually frozen peas are no bueno. I also love the fact that there are no preservatives. Plus you’ve got to love a side dish that doesn’t require dirtying any dishes! I think this would go really well with a pork loin or baked chicken though honestly I ate some as a quick dinner when I was on my own one night.

I will definitely be adding this to our freezer when it comes out this fall. Thanks to Foodbuzz and Birds Eye for the opportunity to try this product.

I was given this product free from Bird Eye as part of the Food Tastemaker program however the above views are totally my own.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Greg loves the Birds Eye rice bags. He gets them all the time and eats them for lunch when we have no leftovers.

That Girl said...

I've never had frozen risotto!

Carrie said...

I had to look up the ingredients on this product after reading your review, and they bear very little resemblance to real risotto. Also, I cannot imagine the texture being right. You should really try making your own sometime-- it's ungodly easy.