Friday, April 18, 2008

Pizza Time!

So in our house we love pizza. We seriously have it at least once every 2 weeks, if not more. So a couple of months ago when a friend asked me if I wanted to come over for vegetable pizza I said sure. Well, I was in for a surprise. This is no normal pizza. There is no tomato sauce in site here! This is a recipe that she got from her mother-in-law and is a favorite in her house. I love this recipe because I think it is really easy to change to make it whatever you are in the mood for that day. There are so many possible variations to this pizza that it is sure to please everyone!







Vegetable "Pizza"



Crust (I used already made pizza dough, but you could use homemade, laid out crescent rolls, etc)

Dip (I used sour cream mixed with a ranch dressing mix, but you could use cream cheese instead)

Vegetables (raw or cooked. I used a bag of frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower that I had cooked and cooled)

Shredded Cheese (whatever you prefer. I used cheddar)



Follow the directions for your type of crust (mine was bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes). Allow to cool. Make dip mix, chop vegetables into bite size peices. Spread dip mix across the cooled crust. Evenly distrubute vegetable across the crust. You may want to press them down a little so they stick to the dip. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese. Cut into squares and serve.

No comments: